Travel Marquette County with Us
We operate two door-to-door buses in the greater Marquette area, and the two buses in Ishpeming-Negaunee area, and one bus operates in the Gwinn-Little Lake-K.I.Sawyer Area.
All door-to-door buses are lift-equipped and are fully accessible.
Reservations Policy for door-to-door buses:
- Up to seven days in advance for ADA Registered Persons with Disabilities.
- Up to three days in advance for all persons for medical/dental appointments.
- Up to two days in advance for seniors and non-ADA Registered Persons with Disabilities who work.
- One day in advance for all others.
Routes and Availability
Limited door-to-door service is available in Marquette and Ishpeming on Sundays. These times above may vary due to weather and road conditions. Please call our dispatchers at 225-1112 to verify these times and to schedule rides.
- 6:45 AM to 8:30 PM Weekdays
- 8:45 AM to 6:30 PM Saturdays
- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Sundays
- 7:20 AM to 6:30 PM Weekdays
- 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Saturdays
- 9:15 AM to 4:30 PM Sundays
How much does it cost?
Marq-Tran’s door-to-door fares are on a mileage basis, i.e., the farther you travel, the more you pay. The lowest rate being $2.60 for the general public, $1.30 for a senior citizen / student and persons with disabilities and veterans with valid ID. The maximum door-to-door fare for a one-way ride is $5.60.
Persons with disabilities who require an aide to assist them, may do so at no charge as long as the aide boards and disembarks at the same points as the fare paying passengers.
Please note that fares are subject to change at any time.
Our door-to-door drivers will load and unload up to two bags of groceries as a service to our passengers, however, they will not perform the functions normally provided by an aide.
Dispatchers take reservations from 6:15AM to 8:15 PM Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM on Saturday and 7:30 AM to 4:15 PM Sunday.