Travel Marquette County with Us
We operate two door-to-door buses in the greater Marquette area, two in the Ishpeming-Negaunee area, and one in the Gwinn-Little Lake-K.I. Sawyer Area.
All door-to-door buses are lift-equipped and are fully accessible.
Reservations Policy for door-to-door buses:
- Up to seven days in advance for persons that are ADA-Paratransit eligible.
- Up to three days in advance for all persons for medical/dental appointments.
- Up to two days in advance for seniors and non-eligible ADA persons with disabilities who work.
- One day in advance for all others.
Routes and Availability
Limited door-to-door service is available in Marquette and Ishpeming on Sundays. These times below may vary due to weather and road conditions. Please call our dispatchers at 225-1112 to verify these times and to schedule rides.
- 6:45 AM to 8:30 PM Weekdays
- 8:45 AM to 6:30 PM Saturdays
- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Sundays
- 7:20 AM to 6:30 PM Weekdays
- 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Saturdays
- 9:15 AM to 4:30 PM Sundays
How much does it cost?
Marq-Tran’s door-to-door fares are on a mileage basis. This means the farther you travel, the more you pay. Rates start at $2.60 for the general public and $1.30 for a senior citizens, students, people with disabilities, and veterans with a valid ID. The maximum door-to-door fare for a one-way ride is $5.60.
Aides who accompany people with disabilities requiring assistance may ride at no charge as long as they board and disembark at the same points as the fare paying passengers.
Please note that fares are subject to change at any time.
Our door-to-door drivers will load and unload up to two bags of groceries as a service to our passengers. However, they will not perform the functions normally provided by an aide.
Dispatchers take reservations from 6:15AM to 8:15 PM Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM on Saturday and 7:30 AM to 4:15 PM Sunday.